SRI ENERGY Inc. is pleased to announce the successful endurance testing of its SUPRAM®DX Subsea gate valve.
SRI ENERGY’s subsea choke and kill valve was subjected to a test regimen designed by Diamond Offshore for use on their deepwater drillships currently working in the Gulf of Mexico. The endurance testing included 7500 cycles slurry testing with leak tests at every 500 cycles in addition to the following parameters:
Actual Dual block valve from Rig’s inventory was used. (Valve spec: 3 1/16”-15K Dual Block: EE-NL, PSL3, PR2, P+X, ABS & DNV Certified)
- Testing performed at Southwest Research Institute (SWRI)
- Halliburton drilling mud plus abrasive solids per class I sand slurry testing
- 7500 cycles passed with no failure (estimated life time: 7.5yrs)
- Supram® Actuator + spring subjected to 7500 cycles with no pressure assist
- Valve greased every 500 cycles, using only 24 lbs. of grease for the entire 7500 cycles
- Low and high-pressure testing (300PSI & 15,000PSI)
- Additional testing with complete valve teardown
“We are pleased to demonstrate our technology as best of breed and enable optimal Cost Of Ownership (COO) for our customers.” said Radha Sundararajan, CEO of SRI ENERGY, Inc.
“Diamond Offshore is committed to safety and operational excellence,” said Jon Shoemaker, Senior Director of Subsea Well Control for Diamond Offshore. “As such, Diamond wanted to ensure the gate valve performed as designed in simulated field use prior to installing them on our drilling vessels. The test results met our expectations and we value the collaboration with SRI Energy.”